To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain perpetually a child. For what is the worth of a human life unless it is woven into the life of our ancestors by the records of history?
- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 106-43 B.C.

Thursday, June 14, 2012

1940 Census

As you all know the 1940 census was released recently, I was fortunate enough to find my Grandpa Joe on the census! Really didn't expect to find much when I was going through it all, but indeed I did!

1940 census as you can see I high lighted his name is pink
Its pretty
:-)

Grandpa Joe's is listed as a boarder. Passed from my Grandfather to my mother the story goes that during The Great Depression, his parents couldn't afford the children so they were sent into Foster Care..maybe it wasn't Foster Care, but from what I know they were not living with their parents, and this is the proof that I have. From other stories I have heard Grandpa Joe did not have a pleasant time living with this other family.




As for my lack of posting Monday I got some rather unfortunate news and I am still trying to work through dealing with it all. It is a process and going to take time, so I am not sure how much I am going to be around. Still on my quest for answers with Genealogy, but going at a slower pace than I was now.

Please send all the prayers and good vibes you can, we surely need them at this time.



Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment