To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain perpetually a child. For what is the worth of a human life unless it is woven into the life of our ancestors by the records of history?
- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 106-43 B.C.

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Holding out on me!

Can you believe that folks? My mother has been holding out on me! My own mother!

As much as she knows I am into the genealogy and loving seeing old pictures she managed to forget to mention the CD that she has. This CD has over 200 pictures of her and her siblings growing up as well as pictures of my Great Grandparents!

I had never seen a picture of my Great Grandfather Henry Voellinger til this past Monday when I learned of said CD.

I tried transferring all the pictures from the CD to my SD card, but alas the pictures are in a format that I literally have to send each one individually to my email. It is going to take sometime but I have hope that by next Monday I should have all the pictures on my own computer. Sadly my computer is a netbook (which I adore) but it has no CD drive so I can't just pop it in there and upload them that way.

So I shall return sooner than later I hope with some great pictures to share!



Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment