To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain perpetually a child. For what is the worth of a human life unless it is woven into the life of our ancestors by the records of history?
- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 106-43 B.C.

Monday, June 18, 2012

Edward Roy McCormick



Edward Roy McCormick
b. September 15, 1928
d. July 15, 1946

My Great Uncle. The only boy. Died just 2 months shy of his 18th birthday.

An Army man. The pride and joy, how I wish I could have met him.



From what I know this is the only picture that my Grandma has of him, and of course I requested to see said picture. Wait about 2 weeks and I got to see it this past weekend. God, is he handsome or what!

So as per my Grandma, again this is the only picture we have of Edward. We put it in a "safe" place so we could take it to blow up and get more copies of it (it only a 2x3). Andd go back to my grandparents house to visit the very next day, anddd no one knows where the picture has gone. Head met desk.

The "safe" place apparently wasn't very safe at all. Ehh, maybe it will turn up? Until then this is all that we have. And my Grandpa was all "you don't need to take a picture, I am going to make copies" to me when I was taken the picture of the picture. Good thing I insisted that I take one.

I'm going to contact my cousin from that side of the family to see if she might have any pictures of Edward. I'm hoping she will.




Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment