To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain perpetually a child. For what is the worth of a human life unless it is woven into the life of our ancestors by the records of history?
- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 106-43 B.C.

Monday, May 21, 2012

Bust

What a complete and total bust. Waste of time in fact.

Weeks ago I emailed NYC National Archives in hopes that they may have records of Nathan and Leah's immigration to the US or even neutralization records for either of them. No dice. Or at least not that branch. I am going to email a different branch because they hold the records for such after the time period of 1906. Nathan and Leah came over in 1904 so if they do have neutralization records they are most definitely not going to be before 1906!

All in all I guess it was not a complete bust, or waste of time because now I know who to contact for the correct information if it is out there. And hopefully it is. Just going to take another couple of weeks.

I wish I could write more but I am afraid this weeks post are going to be slim to none. Friday I sliced my hand cleaning the kitchen sink so I have 6 ugly stitches in my right hand. Of course my dominant hand, in a place that makes typing and basically anything else rather difficult. Don't worry next week I will be right back at it, just need to get these nasty things out of my hand.

As Boyfriend says I am Sally for now. God, I love Sally.


Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas but of course. See the resemblance?





Moral of the story, cleaning a kitchen sink is a rather dangerous business. Just leave it dirty. Bahahaha!


Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment