To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain perpetually a child. For what is the worth of a human life unless it is woven into the life of our ancestors by the records of history?
- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 106-43 B.C.

Friday, May 25, 2012

Transferring Focus

I can already tell this is going to be a post where I bounce around, so my hope for you is to be able to follow where I am headed.

In the past weeks I have mainly kept my focus on the Sadick side trying to gather and piece together as much information as I can possibly can. But yesterday during a couple searches I ran across some information about Sophia Voellinger (Yost) my 2x Great Grandmother, so today I going to try to dig up anything else that I can.

It is so weird how one minute you can be focusing on one thing and then the next you onto something completely different, all stemming from one random thought. Very odd.

Yesterday I discovered that my 2x Great Grandfather, Sophia's husband "Louis" well of course his name was Americanized. His correct spelling is Luzius! Doesn't shock me in the least bit I am sure his last name Voellinger, was Americanized as well.

Another bs post I'm afraid I didn't get far with my research unfortunately. I'm hoping to find either Sophia or Luzius on a ship manifest. I am planning a trip to the library tomorrow so hopefully I will be able to find something else there. For now I will leave you again with the most gorgeous little girl that I know!




Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment