To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain perpetually a child. For what is the worth of a human life unless it is woven into the life of our ancestors by the records of history?
- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 106-43 B.C.

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Damn

Ahhhhh! How stupid could I have been to NOT save or even bookmark somewhere the link I had to that George McCormick's death certificate? Pretty freaken stupid. I am so mad at myself right. I have been searching for it for DAYS. And do you know what I found? Absolutely NOTHING. I can not even for the life of me remember what website I was on when I found it. I am really annoyed with myself now. Uhhh..well onto the bigger and better things I guess, and just keep looking.

Generally I don't do much research at home for the reason that I leave all the paper work and what not at work. Great worker I am right? But in all honestly I am a receptionist, during the time that I am not answering phones or greeting the clients there is a LOT of down time. As you have been able to tell! Any road, somehow last night I just got hooked into looking. I usually don't but I was drawn to it.

I was able to locate where Albert L Wurzer, Luella Wurzer, Ablert Wurzer, and Hazel Maeder (Luella's sister) are buried. Not too far from where I live. They are buried in the Holy Sepulchre Cemetery, a hugee cemetery. At some point I will get to these cemetery's and find my way to their graves to pay respect.

I was also able to find Luella Maeder on the 1905 and 1910 census. Not living with her parents, but her Grandfather? Luella at that point was under 10 years old. What happened to her parents? What were their names? I know so little about Luella, and now I am more confused than ever!

Back to the facts: Luella is on the 1905 census living with her Grandfather James Dunn born in Ireland in 1842 living in Rochester, NY in 1905 and widowed. Maggie Maeder is listed as James's daughter born in 1877. I am wondering if she truly was James daughter or was in fact truly his granddaughter? Questions, I wonder if I will ever have answered. Daisy Dunn is listed as daughter born in 1885, Cecilia E Dunn is daughter born in 1887, John D Dunn listed as son born in 1889, and August Dunn born in 1891 listed as son. Then Mildred Maeder listed as granddaughter born in 1898, Luella Maeder born in 1901 listed as daughter, and last but not least Hazel M Maeder listed as granddaughter born in 1903. Are you as confused as I am now? Maybe you're not maybe you have answers.

This is what is on the 1910 census: Head of Household, James Dunn widowed born in 1843 in Ireland immigrated in 1851. James Dunn (son) listed as 28 years old, John Dunn (son) listed as 20 years old and that his mothers birth place was NY, Augustus Dunn (son) listed as 18 years old, Margaret Maeder (daughter) listed  as 33 years old, Mildred Maeder (granddaughter) listed as 12 years old also says that her parents birth places were in NY, Luella Maeder (granddaughter) listed as 9 years old, Hazel Maeder (granddaughter) listed as 7 years old, and last but not least another James Dunn (grandson?!?!) listed as 6 years old.

I was able to find James Dunn in the 1900 census but Luella and her sisters (and possible brother?) are not listed as living with him. This is the 1900 census: James Dumm born in August of 1842 in Ireland widowed, James Dunn (son) born in August of 1881 in NY, Leana Dunn (daughter) born in January 1883 in NY, Daisy Dunn (daughter) born in October 1885 in NY, Celia Dunn (daughter) born in October 1887 in NY, John F Dunn (son) born in December 1889, and Augustus W Dunn (son) born in January 1892 in NY.


My mind is just flying with information. I think I need to take a break. I know there is much more for me to add her, I'm just too burnt from it all.



Nikki

ps
Note To Self: BOOK MARK ALL SITES YOU FIND THAT HAVE USEFUL INFORMATION. NO EXCEPTIONS!

No comments:

Post a Comment