To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain perpetually a child. For what is the worth of a human life unless it is woven into the life of our ancestors by the records of history?
- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 106-43 B.C.

Monday, April 23, 2012

Getting in touch

Just before the weekend Tim Ryeland let me know that he was in touch with a relative of my Grandfathers and wanted to know if I would like to her email address to talk with her. Of course I jumped at the chance.

So friday night I started emailing back and forth with Moiya who is my 2nd cousin 1 time removed! Which is just fancy terms that she was my Grandfathers 1st cousin. Moiya was kind enough to share photos with me that she had of my Grandfather as well as family stories that I never imagined I would hear.

Invaluable pieces to the puzzel which I loved hearing.

(from left to right) Bernadette and David Keenan with my Grandpa Joe in the early 1980s

The adults pictured are my Grandpa Joe and Grandma Lucille with 8 of the oldest children

Louise in the 1940s with her daughter Florence

Louise in the 1950s with her granddaughter



Time to get back to my research..


Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment