To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain perpetually a child. For what is the worth of a human life unless it is woven into the life of our ancestors by the records of history?
- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 106-43 B.C.

Monday, April 30, 2012

Thoughts from this weekend

This weekend was semi exciting. Since I found out my local library subscribes to Ancestry I was dying to get there. Bright and early Saturday morning I made my way there. It was so neat to be able to actually look at the documents, but honestly I was so overwhelmed by it all. I had no idea what I actually wanted to look for or what I wanted to do. I wish I had just taken a breather to figure out exactly what I wanted to look for. That time spent at the library was a waste. You have a 2 hour time limit to use the computers (which is awesome and reasonable) but there is a timer on the top of the computer counting down your time. It was very intimidating. Don't ask me why, cuz it was just a stupid timer, but it was very intimidating to me. So after looking at a few things I got the heck out of there. Not much was a accomplished and this coming Saturday I am going to put my 2 hours to good use and not have a mini freak out.

After the library I went to my grandparents house. I wanted to pick their brains for any information I had not heard yet. I actually did learn a lot. Like the fact that my grandfather had another brother?! I had no idea. But apparently my grandfather had 2 brothers and 1 sister. Albert, Paul, Marion, and Kenny. Who would have known.

I shared what I had learned and then we called my Great Aunt Beverly to see if she knew of her grandfather (George McCormick) moving to Arizona at some point. From what she knew that did not happen, but I did learn that my 2nd cousin Steve is into this as well. I guess he has been calling around for information too. How funny, so I sent him a text asking if he would please share all that he has learned with me, and he said he would. I am excited to get that email to see if maybe he was able to get further on that side than I was.

Cuz in all honestly it is like that side is just non existent before they came to America in 1913. I have looked high and low, searched all records of new arrivals in America in 1913 and they are just no where to be found. The trial just goes dead, it annoys me to no end too.

Patience. I guess in good time it will all reveal itself I mean I have only been at this for 3ish weeks now.



Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment