To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain perpetually a child. For what is the worth of a human life unless it is woven into the life of our ancestors by the records of history?
- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 106-43 B.C.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Untitled

Well I think I have reached my end with Nathan and Leah. It is my goal to find out their parents names, but until I have an actual paid membership at Ancestry.com I don't think I am going to get any further. So I have moved onto the other side of my family.

Helen/Anna married Roy McCormick in 1928 I know his father was George McCormick, George married Minnie Pease. I was able to find a death record for a George McCormick with a spouse named Minnie, but that is from Arizona. I just have to find sometime to talk with my Great Aunt Beverley (Roy's daughter) to see if she knows anything about George possibly moving to Arizona. From all that I see on the record, it leads to me to believe that, that is the George I was looking for, but only time will tell at this moment.

So today I am turning my research to my maternal side of the family. The Gross side. My Grandfather was Joseph Gross he married Lucille F Voellinger. I know all about the Voellinger side..but I know nothing about the Gross side.

What I know is that they were from Canada? My mom remembers visiting family many times in Canada and them coming down to see her. I also know that my Grandfather was born in Michigan and while visiting Rochester he met his wife Lucille. I also know that my Grandfathers father was Joseph Gross and his mother was Louise Douchette (Douchet?).

We have a copy of a Marie Douchette's baptism but at this point I am not sure if Marie is Louise or if Marie was Louise's sister or mother. Oh the possibilities!

Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment